DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford's quarterly dividend of $0.05 per share to be paid in the fourth quarter on its common stock triggers conversion and exercise price adjustments
- Conversion and exercise price adjustments are being made pursuant to the terms of convertible debt securities and warrants
- Adjustments offset dilutive impact of common stock dividends on holders of convertible debt securities and warrants
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) announced that as a result of its fourth-quarter dividend in the amount of $0.05 per share on its common stock, par value $0.01 per share ("Ford common stock"), payable Dec. 3, 2012 to holders of record on Nov. 2, 2012, it will adjust the conversion prices for its two outstanding convertible debt securities, which are convertible into Ford common stock, and the exercise price and number of underlying shares with respect to its outstanding warrants to purchase Ford common stock. The adjustments described below will be made in accordance with the terms of the impacted securities and are intended to offset the dilutive impact of such dividend payments on the holders of the convertible debt securities and warrants.
4.25 Percent Senior Convertible Notes Due
Nov. 15, 2016 Ford's 4.25 Percent Senior Convertible Notes due
Nov. 15, 2016 (the "2016 Notes") (CUSIP Number 345370 CN8) were issued on
Nov. 9, 2009 and
$882,743,000 aggregate principal amount remains outstanding. Effective
Nov. 9, 2012, the conversion rate for the 2016 Notes of 109.3202 shares of Ford common stock for each
$1,000 in principal amount of the 2016 Notes (equivalent to a conversion price of
$9.15 per share of Ford common stock) will be adjusted to 109.8554 shares for each
$1,000 in principal amount of 2016 Notes (equivalent to a conversion price of approximately
$9.10 per share of Ford common stock).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV