The Prudential Insurance Company of America, a Prudential Financial, Inc. company (NYSE:PRU), today announced the completion of the transfer of retiree pension benefit obligations for approximately 110,000 salaried General Motors salaried retirees to Prudential. Under the terms of the agreement, Prudential has received approximately $25 billion in premium from the General Motors Retirement Program for Salaried Employees for the purchase of a group annuity contract. Effective January 1, 2013, Prudential will begin administering payments to these retirees.
“We are delighted to have completed this landmark pension transfer agreement with General Motors and welcome the GM retirees who will now receive annuity payments from Prudential,” said Christine Marcks, president of Prudential Retirement. “We look forward to fulfilling the promise of guaranteed lifetime income to these retirees, as we have done for the millions of Americans whose pensions we have paid since 1928.”
Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU), a financial services leader, has
operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
Prudential’s diverse and talented employees are committed to helping
individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth
through a variety of products and services, including life insurance,
annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment
management. In the U.S., Prudential’s iconic Rock symbol has stood for
strength, stability, expertise and innovation for more than a century.
For more information, please visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV