The average sales price for crude oil and natural gas liquids in the 2012 third quarter was $98 per barrel, down from $103 a year earlier. The average price of natural gas was $6.03 per thousand cubic feet, compared with $5.50 in last year’s third quarter.
Net oil-equivalent production of 1.88 million barrels per day in the third quarter 2012 was down 58,000 barrels per day from a year ago. Production increases from project ramp-ups in Thailand and Nigeria were more than offset by planned maintenance-related downtime, continued shut-in of the Frade Field in Brazil and normal field declines. The net liquids component of oil-equivalent production decreased 8 percent to 1.25 million barrels per day, while net natural gas production increased 8 percent to 3.78 billion cubic feet per day.
|Three Months Ended Sept. 30||Nine Months Ended Sept. 30|
|Millions of Dollars||2012||2011||2012||2011|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV