“We continue to progress our upstream projects,” Watson added. “Gorgon in Australia and Bigfoot and Jack/St. Malo in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico are all over 50 percent complete. The Wheatstone Project in Australia is also off to a good start. Each of these projects is expected to deliver significant future value for our shareholders.”
Additional upstream milestones in recent months include:
- Australia – Completed the acquisition of additional interest in the Clio and Acme fields in the Carnarvon Basin in exchange for Chevron’s interest in the Browse development. Consolidating interests in the Carnarvon Basin fits strategically with long-term plans to grow the Wheatstone area resource base, and create expansion opportunities for the Wheatstone Project.
- Australia – Completed the sale of an equity interest in the Wheatstone Project to Tokyo Electric.
- Australia – Announced two natural gas discoveries, Satyr-2 and Satyr-4, in the Carnarvon Basin in 50 percent-owned Block WA-374-P.
- Sierra Leone – Awarded a 55 percent interest and operatorship in two deepwater exploration blocks.
- United States – Announced an agreement to acquire additional acreage in New Mexico. The acreage is located in the Delaware Basin where the company is already one of the largest leaseholders.
“In the downstream, we continue to reposition the business toward high growth chemical and specialty products and to sell non-core assets,” Watson said. The company’s 50 percent-owned Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC (CPChem) announced that its 35 percent-owned Saudi Polymers Company began commercial production at its petrochemical project in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Also in the third quarter, the company completed the sale of its idled Perth Amboy, New Jersey, refinery, which had been operating as a terminal, and two of its fuels marketing businesses in the Caribbean.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV