Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) today reported earnings of $5.3 billion ($2.69 per share – diluted) for the third quarter 2012, compared with $7.8 billion ($3.92 per share – diluted) in the 2011 third quarter.
Sales and other operating revenues in the third quarter 2012 were $56 billion, compared to $61 billion in the year-ago period.
| Three Months
Ended Sept. 30
| Nine Months
Ended Sept. 30
|Millions of dollars||2012||2011||2012||2011|
|Earnings by Business Segment|
|(1) Includes foreign currency effects||$||(293||)||$||449||$||(323||)||$||204|
|(2) Net income attributable to Chevron Corporation (See Attachment 1)|
“This quarter’s earnings were solid, but off from their near record level of a year ago,” said Chairman and CEO John Watson. “Crude oil prices were down and we had a heavy period of planned oil field maintenance which temporarily reduced oil and gas production in several locations. Foreign currency movements also hurt our results this quarter, while they benefited the year-ago period.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV