"The C-MAX Hybrid is winning over customers with its best-in-class passenger room, smart technologies and leading fuel economy," says O'Donnell. "And its $25,995 price tag gives customers the value they are looking for without having to make the typical compromises that have defined most hybrids until now."
Customers are demonstrating that even in a hybrid vehicle, they are looking for "real car" features. More than 60 percent of sales of C-MAX Hybrid are the SEL model, which offers Intelligent Access with push-button start, rain-sensing wipers, heated seats, SYNC ® with MyFord Touch ®, ambient lighting and the Reverse Sensing System standard. Early sales of the SEL model are running about 20 percent higher than expected.
Ford's first production plug-in hybrid
C-MAX Energi – America's most fuel-efficient and affordable plug-in hybrid vehicle – is now available at Ford EV-certified dealers in half the states across the country. As Ford's first production plug-in hybrid, C-MAX Energi provides customers with an all-new electrified vehicle offering that delivers a class-leading 108 MPGe city EPA rating, "real car" horsepower of 195 (versus Prius plug-in's 134 horsepower) and a leading EV-only speed of 85 mph, 20 mph above the Prius plug-in.According to a Pike Research report, Ford's electrified vehicle offerings will help the company join Toyota as leaders in electric vehicle sales by 2020. The report projects plug-in hybrid sales will reach nearly 48,000 units in 2012, and sell faster than the early days of conventional hybrids by later this decade. Maximum power of choice The all-new C-MAX Energi joins Ford's all-new electrified vehicle offerings, including the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid, America's most fuel-efficient sedan, which is on sale now. The new Fusion will also give customers the power to choose across three powertrain options – gasoline, hybrid and plug-in hybrid.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV