DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- In its first full month of sales, Ford's new C-MAX Hybrid outsells Toyota Prius v, 3,182 units to 2,769
- Ford sets record for hybrid sales in October with 4,612 units – double October 2011 hybrid sales
- C-MAX hybrids help Ford achieve strongest October small car sales in 11 years –a total 25,493 vehicles for a 54 percent increase year over year
- Nearly 70 percent of C-MAX Hybrid buyers are new to Ford, with 25 percent of sales in California as Ford continues to make in-roads on the coasts
The new Ford C-MAX Hybrid – America's most fuel-efficient and affordable hybrid utility vehicle – is now the best-selling hybrid utility vehicle after outselling Toyota Prius v, 3,182 units to 2,769 units, in just its first full month of sales in October.
The new C-MAX Hybrid led Ford in achieving its best October hybrid sales month ever with a total of 4,612 sales, up 142 percent over October 2011. C-MAX Hybrid sales helped Ford deliver its best October for small car sales in 11 years. Ford sales of Focus, C-MAX and Fiesta were up 54 percent to 25,493 units year over year.
"The new C-MAX is off to a fast start in the heart of the hybrid market, not only outselling Prius v, but drawing a lot of interested Toyota customers who chose our new hybrid instead," says C.J. O'Donnell, manager, Ford Electrified Vehicles. "Customers now come into our showrooms for fuel economy, and we're delivering with six vehicles that offer 40 mpg or better, including the new C-MAX Hybrid at 47 mpg combined, with another two on the way by year's end."C-MAX Hybrid's leading EPA-rated fuel economy – up to 7 mpg better than Prius v – is already helping attract new customers in key coastal markets that own import vehicles. One in four C-MAX Hybrids sold in October were sold in California, with Los Angeles as the best-selling region and San Francisco following in second. Additionally, initial conquest data show that more than 70 percent of C-MAX Hybrid buyers traded in a competitive model or added it without trading in another vehicle. And one third of C-MAX Hybrid customers in October said they cross-shopped the Toyota Prius and Prius v.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV