- At-a-glance: Of the companies surveyed, 25 percent increased staffing while 24 percent of the companies decreased employee headcounts. 51 percent of the companies surveyed maintained their number of employees.
- Small business sector: If firms continue to see growth in demand as well as a resolution to the fiscal cliff, there is a strong chance we could see positive movement in employment during the fourth quarter.
- What-to-watch: A critical issue is the ability of our leadership in Washington to deal with the pending fiscal cliff and remove uncertainty from the marketplace. Our country’s leadership must enact a longer term solution, rather than simply moving the deadline out another year.
CBIZ Small Business Employment Index Stabilizes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts