Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCO) today reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
“We continue to make progress under CEO William Eccleshare’s unified leadership in optimizing our U.S. operations to maximize our revenue and profit potential,” said Bob Pittman, Executive Chairman of Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. “At the same time, we are taking the necessary steps to adjust to the new economic realities in Europe with a reduced cost structure to drive future profitability while continuing to seek promising opportunities in other international markets.”
"The business continues to operate in challenging market conditions, particularly in Europe, and we have taken significant measures to reduce costs in response to this market uncertainty,” Chief Executive Officer William Eccleshare said. “However, we are seeing consistent growth in both Asia-Pacific and Latin America and our U.K. business received a boost over the summer due to the Olympics. As we are refining our vision of how to transform our U.S. business, we are continuing to invest in new digital solutions for advertisers – such as surpassing the milestone of 1,000 digital billboards in the U.S. and launching our new digital TV network for airports called ClearVision during the quarter.”
Third Quarter 2012 ResultsThe Company reported revenues of $731 million in the third quarter of 2012, a decrease from the $748 million in the same period of 2011. Excluding the effects of movements in foreign exchange rates, 1 revenues grew $8 million, or 1%.
- Americas revenues rose $8 million, or 2%, compared to the same quarter of 2011, driven mainly by revenue growth from bulletins due to the continued deployment of digital displays and increased airport revenues on higher occupancy by the Company’s largest U.S. airport customers.
- International revenues decreased $1 million compared to the third quarter of 2011, excluding the effects of movements in foreign exchange rates. Excluding a $6 million revenue reduction due to the divestiture of two businesses during the quarter, as well as the effects of movements in foreign exchange rates, revenues increased $5 million, or 1%. Revenue growth resulted mainly from higher street furniture revenues, particularly in Australia and China, and the Summer Olympic Games in the U.K., partially offset by revenue declines from advertising weakness in certain European countries. On a reported basis, revenues decreased $25 million, or 6%, due to unfavorable movements in foreign exchange rates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV