BUSINESS SEGMENT RESULTS
Below is a discussion of third quarter 2012 segment results and business highlights.
- Drawbridge Special Opportunities Fund had a net return of 5.1% for the third quarter of 2012 and 13.1% year-to-date through September 30, 2012
- Raised nearly $250 million of third party capital in the third quarter, bringing total capital raised year-to-date to $3.7 billion through September 30, 2012
- Deployed over $720 million of capital during the quarter and distributed over $950 million of capital back to limited partners
- Completed the sale of CWCapital LLC for $234 million. CWCapital is an operating subsidiary of CW Financial Services LLC, which Fortress’s Credit and Private Equity funds acquired in September 2010
(See supplemental data on pages 18-19 for more detail on Credit results)The Credit business, which includes our Credit Hedge Funds and Credit Private Equity Funds, generated pre-tax DE of $29 million in the third quarter of 2012, which is up $4 million from the second quarter. During the third quarter, the business recorded $53 million of incentive income, including $36 million from hedge funds and $17 million from private-equity style funds. On a year-to-date basis, pre-tax DE of $80 million is down from $109 million for the comparable period in 2011. This is largely attributable to fewer realizations in our private-equity style funds, partially offset by additional incentive income from the hedge funds. In our Credit Hedge funds, the Drawbridge Special Opportunities Fund continued its track record of positive investment performance in the third quarter. The fund had a net return of 5.1% in the quarter, bringing net returns year-to-date through September 30, 2012 to 13.1%. Net annualized inception-to-date returns in this fund increased to 10.9%. The Credit Hedge Fund segment had a total of $4.6 billion of incentive eligible NAV above performance thresholds as of September 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV