The company affirms its previously announced guidance for 2012. Full-year 2012 revenue is expected to be near the higher end of the previously announced $5.4 billion to $5.5 billion range, a decrease of 6 percent from 2011. Full-year adjusted operating margin is expected to be 10.6 percent to 10.8 percent, an increase of 60 to 80 basis points year-over-year. Adjusted earnings are expected in the range of $1.80 to $1.86 per share, at the midpoint, reflecting a decrease of 8 percent from 2011. The company notes that forward-looking statements of future performance made in this release are based upon current expectations and are subject to factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested here, including those factors set forth in the Safe Harbor Statement below.
Investor Call Today
Exelis senior management will host a conference call for investors today at 10 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time to review third-quarter 2012 results and answer questions. The briefing can be monitored live via webcast at the following address on the company's website: www.exelisinc.com/investors.About ITT Exelis Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense and information solutions company with strong positions in enduring and emerging global markets. Exelis is a leader in networked communications, sensing and surveillance, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in cyber security, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. The company has a 50-year legacy of innovation and technology expertise, partnering with customers worldwide to deliver affordable, mission-critical products and services for managing global threats, conflicts and complexities. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 20,500 people and generated 2011 sales of $5.8 billion. www.exelisinc.com Safe Harbor Statement Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (the “Act”): Certain material presented herein includes forward-looking statements intended to qualify for the safe harbor from liability established by the Act. These forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about the separation of the company from ITT Corporation, the terms and the effect of the separation, the nature and impact of such a separation, capitalization of the company, future strategic plans and other statements that describe the company’s business strategy, outlook, objectives, plans, intentions or goals, and any discussion of future operating or financial performance. Whenever used, words such as “anticipate,” “estimate,” “expect,” “project,” “intend,” “plan,” “believe,” “target” and other terms of similar meaning are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are uncertain and to some extent unpredictable, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in, or reasonably inferred from, such forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause results to differ materially from those anticipated include, but are not limited to:
- Our dependence on the defense industry and the business risks peculiar to that industry, including changing priorities or reductions in the U.S. Government or international defense budgets ;
- Government regulations and compliance therewith, including changes to the Department of Defense procurement process;
- Our international operations, including sales to foreign customers;
- Competition, industry capacity and production rates;
- Misconduct of our employees, subcontractors, agents and business partners;
- The level of returns on postretirement benefit plan assets and potential employee benefit plan contributions and other employment and pension matters;
- Changes in interest rates and other factors that affect earnings and cash flows;
- The mix of our contracts and programs, our performance, and our ability to control costs;
- Governmental investigations;
- Our level of indebtedness and our ability to make payments on or service our indebtedness;
- Subcontractor performance;
- Economic and capital markets conditions;
- The availability and pricing of raw materials and components;
- Ability to retain and recruit qualified personnel;
- Protection of intellectual property rights;
- Changes in technology;
- Contingencies related to actual or alleged environmental contamination, claims and concerns;
- Security breaches and other disruptions to our information technology and operations; and
- Unanticipated changes in our tax provisions or exposure to additional income tax liabilities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.