Growing number of Canadians banking on the go with their mobile device
TORONTO, Nov. 2, 2012 /CNW/ - A new CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) poll conducted by Harris/Decima shows that smartphone ownership and mobile banking usage continues to grow in Canada, and there is already strong interest in new services such as mobile payments, which will allow Canadians to make credit card purchases using their smartphone.
Key poll findings include:
- 44 per cent of Canadians surveyed now own a smartphone, up from 33 per cent in a similar Harris/Decima poll conducted for CIBC in 2011
- While younger Canadians between 18-24 years of age are more likely to own a smartphone ( 77 per cent) , ownership numbers were strong in other demographics, including the bottom edge of baby boomers between 45-54 years of age ( 43 per cent)
Among smartphone owners:
- 47 per cent of Canadians with smartphones would consider using it to make mobile payments to their credit card if they could
- 36 per cent have used their smartphones for mobile banking, up from 25 per cent in 201
- 51 per cent between 25-34 years of age said they would consider mobile payments
- 48 per cent in the 45-54 age group said the same.
- 59 per cent said rewards for credit card purchases are important to them in deciding to use mobile payments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV