- I-278 from Steinway St. to the Harlem River Drive exit is taking drivers 3x longer than normal. The 1.5 mile stretch is taking drivers 10 minutes to go 1.5 miles at a speed of 10 mph.
- FDR Drive Southbound from East 96th St. to the Queensboro Bridge remains gridlocked with vehicles traveling just 9 mph taking drivers 15 minutes to go only 2 miles.
- Drivers headed through Queens down to Brooklyn via the I-278 South are experiencing long delays from the I-278/I-495 Interchange to the Brooklyn Bridge taking drivers 30 minutes to go just 6 miles.
- The 8 mile trip from where the Prospect Expressway merges with Gowanus/Queens Expressway into Manhattan takes over 30 minutes at an average speed of 15 mph.
- Aside from longer than normal delays through the I-95/I-495 Interchange traffic in and out of Manhattan via the Lincoln Tunnel is flowing relatively smoothly. However, the approach to the Lincoln Tunnel from Manhattan out to New Jersey is much slower than normal with drivers moving at 25 mph on average from 11 th Street to about halfway through the Lincoln Tunnel. Once drivers get to the New Jersey side, traffic is flowing smoothly up the I-95 Interchange.
- Traffic is also flowing freely between New York and New Jersey across the George Washington Bridge at rush hour with few delays.
- Drivers in New Jersey on I-95/New Jersey Turnpike Northbound between Rt. 120/Patterson Plank road and the Vince Lombardi Service Area are experiencing delays that are taking them 30 percent longer to travel this short 4 mile stretch of road.
Traffic Conditions Improve As Drivers Leave Manhattan For The Thursday Evening Commute: Manhattan Traffic Analysis
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts