News Summary: Wall Street Rallies On Jobs News
The Associated Press
GOOD START TO NOVEMBER: The Dow Jones industrial average rose 136 points on the first day of November, its best gain since mid-September. That came after a loss in October, the first down month since May.
CONFIDENT CONSUMERS: The Conference Board said Americans' confidence in the economy surged last month to the highest level in nearly five years. Many were encouraged by an improving job market.
JOBS NEWS: Investors got a twin dose of good news on the jobs market. Claims for unemployment benefits fell last week, and payroll processor ADP reported that private companies added more jobs last month than economists had been expecting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV