Time Warner Inc. and its divisions including HBO, Time Inc., Turner Broadcasting System and Warner Bros. today announced a minimum commitment of $1 million to aid in Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. The company will donate $500,000 to the Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City with another $500,000 to be dispersed to other organizations that are serving victims in the greater Tri-State area.
Additionally, the company will match all U.S. employee donations to Sandy relief efforts, up to a specified amount. The company is encouraging employees to visit and support organizations including New York Cares, NYC Service, the Long Island Volunteer Group and the New York Food Bank, where it will be participating in a company-wide volunteer day in the coming weeks.
“New York City is our corporate home, the home to thousands of our employees, and the location for so many of our film and television productions. We feel a special kinship with all those who have been affected by this devastating storm,” said Jeff Bewkes, Chairman and CEO, Time Warner Inc. “Time Warner and its employees have always responded in selfless and generous ways to help those in need and we hope that our contributions will help people to rebuild and recover.”
Through its journalistic outlets at CNN and Time Inc., Time Warner is also keeping its global audience informed of changes in the dynamic recovery efforts including those related to transportation and relief. For example, CNN has launched a website, “Impact Your World” providing up-to-date information about ways to support the relief efforts.About Time Warner Inc. Time Warner Inc., a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks, film and TV entertainment and publishing, uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content worldwide through multiple distribution outlets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV