NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Barack Obama and Mitt Romney announced heavy-hitting endorsements Thursday from a slew of former and current business giants.
As the candidates approach the final weekend before the presidential campaign, their teams looked to beef up their business cred during a tough economic stretch for American voters who have yet to make up their minds.
Notable businessmen who have endorsed Romney included, JetBlue (JBLU) founder David Neeleman, Intel (INTC) CEO Paul Otellini, Cisco (CSCO) CEO John Chambers and Sun Microsystems co-founder Scott McNealy, among others.
Home Depot (HD) co-founder Bernie Marcus also made clear he's in favor of Romney."There is no way we could start and grow today what we built in 1978 when we founded The Home Depot," said Marcus in a statement. "We didn't have the anti-business attitude that we have today in this administration, as factors such as higher taxes and Obamacare prohibit job growth in American companies." President Obama is not without his own big endorsements from major business leaders. Starbucks (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz announced his support on Thursday of the incumbent, as did New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg "If he listens to people on both sides of the aisle, and builds the trust of moderates, he can fulfill the hope he inspired four years ago," Bloomberg wrote in a statement. "And that's why I will be voting for him." "I think
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV