Following the announcement made today by Robert A. Iger, chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS), of a $2 Million donation for Hurricane Sandy relief and rebuilding efforts, the Disney/ABC Television Group today announced that it will designate Monday, November 5, 2012 as a “Day of Giving” across network and syndicated programming spanning News, Daytime, Primetime and Late Night, encouraging the tens of millions of viewers engaged throughout the day to help those impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
In commenting on the wide-reaching response to the devastating storm, Anne Sweeney, co-chair, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney/ABC Television Group, said, “The effects of Hurricane Sandy have impacted millions of people across the entire North East, including many of our co-workers, friends and families. This unprecedented devastation demanded an unprecedented response, so our team came up with the ‘Day of Giving.’ This coordinated effort between network and syndicated programming spanning News, Daytime, Primetime and Late Night will reach tens of millions of viewers with a specific call to action…to do what Americans do best, and pull together in support of those who are suffering. I’m incredibly proud of the team and all of our programs for this amazing response.”
“Good Morning America” will start the “Day of Giving” by dedicating the entire 8:00 a.m. hour to raising money for Sandy Relief efforts. ABC News anchors, reporters and employees will band together to encourage people to donate to the American Red Cross.
The torch will pass to “LIVE with Kelly and Michael,” where the show will integrate “Day of Giving” messaging into their highly anticipated Halloween episode (which was moved due to the impact of the storm).The ladies of “The View” will discuss the “Day of Giving” and encourage their audience to donate to the American Red Cross relief efforts, and “The Chew” will do the same.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV