Lumos Networks Corp. (“Lumos Networks” or “the Company”) (Nasdaq: LMOS), a fiber-based service provider of voice, data and IP-based telecommunication services in the Mid-Atlantic region, today announced financial results for its third quarter 2012.
Total revenue for third quarter 2012 was $52.0 million, compared to $51.6 million for third quarter 2011 and $50.8 million in second quarter 2012. Total adjusted EBITDA was $22.3 million for third quarter 2012, compared to $24.6 million in third quarter 2011 and to $21.1 million in second quarter 2012.
“For the first time in the Company’s history strategic data revenue represented half of our total revenue for the quarter and it grew sequentially by five percent,” said Tim Biltz, CEO and President of Lumos Networks. “We believe that strategic data revenue will continue to grow as a percent of our total revenue and we are on track to achieve year-over-over strategic revenue growth in excess of 16% for 2012,” concluded Biltz.
- During third quarter 2012, the Company continued to achieve its targeted installation goals and is on track to more than double the number of FTTC installations from approximately 150 at the end of 2011 to approximately 300 at the end of 2012.
- In third quarter 2012, the Company continued to achieve its goal of ensuring that 75% of total capital expenditures are for success-based strategic data projects in its Enterprise and Carrier Data customer segments as compared to less than 50% in 2011.
- Revenue for all three categories of the Company’s strategic data products grew sequentially during the third quarter 2012, with an overall aggregate growth rate of approximately 5%. These product lines include: Enterprise Data, Carrier Data and IP Services.
- On November 1, 2012, the Board of Directors of Lumos Networks Corporation declared a dividend on its common stock in the amount of $0.14 per share to be paid on January 11, 2013 to stockholders of record on December 14, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV