NetSpend Holdings, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, which are subject to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended, and Rule 3(b)-6 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements include, among other things, statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements contained in this release, and reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. Reliance on any forward-looking statement involves risks and uncertainties and although NetSpend believes that the assumptions on which the forward-looking statements are based are reasonable, any of those assumptions could prove to be inaccurate, and, as a result, the forward-looking statements based on those assumptions could be materially incorrect. These factors include but are not limited to:
- NetSpend’s dependence on a limited number of retail distributors of its products;
- increasing competition in the prepaid card industry;
- exposure to cardholder fraud and other losses;
- NetSpend’s reliance on its relationships with its issuing banks;
- regulatory, legislative and judicial developments;
- changes in card association or network organization rules;
- NetSpend’s ability to protect against unauthorized disclosure of cardholder data;
- NetSpend’s ability to promote its brand;
- NetSpend’s reliance on outsourced customer service providers;
- NetSpend’s ability to protect its intellectual property rights and defend itself against claims of patent infringement.
The potential risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from those projected are discussed in greater detail in NetSpend’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), which are available on NetSpend’s website at www.netspend.com and on the SEC website at www.sec.gov. All information provided in this release and in the attachments is as of November 1, 2012, and, except as required by law, NetSpend does not intend to update this information as a result of future events or developments.
About NetSpendNetSpend is a leading provider of general-purpose reloadable (GPR) prepaid debit cards and related financial services to the estimated 68 million underbanked consumers in the United States who do not have a traditional bank account or who rely on alternative financial services. The Company's mission is to develop products and services that empower underbanked consumers with the convenience, security and freedom to be self-banked. Headquartered in Austin, TX, NetSpend is traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the symbol NTSP. Please visit http://www.netspend.com for more information. Follow NetSpend on Twitter: http://twitter.com/netspend or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/netspend _______________________________________________
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV