NetSpend Holdings, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
Net income was $4.4 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2012, compared to net income of $8.3 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2011. NetSpend’s net income for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 includes an aggregate of $16.9 million of net interest expense, income tax expense, depreciation and amortization and other losses, which includes pre-tax litigation related losses of $10.3 million. Net income for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 also includes approximately $2.8 million in stock-based compensation expense. For the quarter ended September 30, 2011, the comparable amount of net interest expense, income tax expense and depreciation and amortization and other losses was $10.1 million. Net income for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 also includes approximately $2.9 million in stock-based compensation expense.
NetSpend reported that it now expects full year 2012 revenue to be between $348 and $352 million, its adjusted EBITDA to fall between $95 and $97 million and its adjusted net income per diluted share to be between $0.56 and $0.58.
The foregoing expectations reflect the following assumptions:
- An effective tax rate of approximately 40%;
- Non-cash equity compensation of between approximately $10.5 and $11.5 million;
- Cash outlays for capital expenditures for the full year of between approximately $13 and $14 million;
- An effective cost of debt capital of approximately 3.5%; and
- Diluted shares outstanding for the full year of approximately 84 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts