Most college football fans wouldn’t risk job security for free tickets to their favorite college football team’s game, as the Discover Fan Loyalty Poll shows only 5 percent would take a page from Ferris Bueller’s playbook and try to get away with calling in sick to see their team play.
In the ninth week of Discover’s national survey designed to gauge college football fan loyalty, fans were asked what they would do if offered free tickets to see their favorite team play on a day they had to work. The majority, 70 percent, would tell their boss the truth and ask for the day off, while 15 percent would simply refuse the tickets and go to work that day. A smaller number of fans, 6 percent, would sell the tickets, and the remaining 4 percent were unsure of what they would do.
However, if their boss was a diehard fan of the rival team playing in that game, 19 percent of fans think it’s a good idea to invite their boss to the game.
Since the launch of the Discover Fan Loyalty Poll back in September, fans haven’t budged on their choice for the best team in the country. Alabama came in at No. 1 again with 49 percent of the vote. Fans came in closer agreement this week on the order of the top five, but dropped Florida in favor of Georgia. The rankings are as follows:
- Alabama, 49 percent
- Oregon, 10 percent
- Kansas State, 10 percent
- Notre Dame, 9 percent
- Georgia, 3 percent
- Florida, 2 percent
- Louisiana State University, 2 percent
- South Carolina, 1 percent
- Some other team, 8 percent
- Not sure, 6 percent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV