2012 Annual Guidance
This guidance discusses future results which are inherently subject to unforeseen risks and developments. As such, discussions about the business outlook should be read in the context of an uncertain future, as well as the risk factors identified in the safe harbor language at the end of this release and as more fully outlined in the Company's 2011 Form 10-K Annual Report and other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The Company is reaffirming its 2012 revenue, adjusted EPS and cash flow guidance for the year, and is updating its GAAP EPS guidance. Based on results to date and expectations for the fourth quarter, the Company anticipates:
- 2012 revenue, excluding the impacts of currency, to remain in a range of flat to a decline of 4 percent when compared to 2011;
- Adjusted earnings per diluted share from continuing operations to be in the range of $1.95 to $2.15;
- GAAP earnings per diluted share from continuing operations to be in the range of $1.78 to $2.08; and
- Free cash flow to be in the range of $750 million to $850 million.
The Company’s efforts to further streamline the business and reduce its cost structure will result in a pre-tax restructuring charge in the fourth quarter that is expected to be in the range of $40 million to $60 million and is anticipated to generate annualized savings in the range of $45 million to $55 million. The updated GAAP earnings per share guidance reflects the goodwill and asset impairment charges of $0.09 per share related to the recent performance of the International Mail Services business that was recorded during the quarter, and the anticipated restructuring charge in the range of $0.15 to $0.25 per share that will be recorded in the fourth quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV