Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE: PBI) today reported financial results for the third quarter 2012.
- Revenues of $1.2 billion; Adjusted EPS of $0.47; GAAP EPS of $0.38
Reaffirms full year 2012 guidance for the following:
- Revenue in the range of flat to -4%, excluding the impact of currency;
- Adjusted EPS guidance in the range of $1.95 to $2.15;
- Free cash flow in the range of $750 - $850 million.
- Updates GAAP EPS guidance to a range of $1.78 to $2.08, which includes new impairment and restructuring charges.
- Significant progress on expanding our participation in higher growth cross-border ecommerce parcel opportunities, including, a broader strategic relationship with eBay to provide ecommerce shipping solutions beginning in the 4 th quarter.
- Decision to exit the International Mail Services business focused on delivering mail and catalogues internationally, in line with the focus on higher growth cross-border ecommerce parcel opportunities.
- Year-over-year growth in Production Mail revenue.
- Continued growth in Presort revenue.
Commenting on the quarter, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Murray D. Martin said, “We continue to execute our strategy to be a leading provider of customer communications solutions; however, our earnings performance during the quarter did not meet our expectations. In the third quarter, our results continued to be affected by global economic weakness, especially in International Mailing and Software where public sector spending remains constrained. However, we were pleased to see gradually improving trends in North America Mailing, where equipment sales experienced a slower rate of decline and the best year-over-year comparisons in six quarters.”
Mr. Martin added, “We continue to take actions to drive sustainable long-term growth for Pitney Bowes and our shareholders and are focused on positioning Pitney Bowes to succeed in the changing market landscape. We decided to exit the International Mail Services business related to the delivery of international mail and catalogs. As we focus on the higher growth opportunities, we are growing our participation in ecommerce opportunities related to cross border parcel shipping services. One example is our collaboration with eBay to facilitate cross border ecommerce by providing technology solutions and parcel shipping services. Additionally, to address our changing business mix and current economic pressures, we are initiating actions to further streamline the business through organizational and management consolidations to further reduce our cost structure. And, we will further realign future investments in the business as we focus on higher growth opportunities.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV