Crocs, Inc. (NASDAQ: CROX) today announced the release of its first sustainability report. The report details the company’s sustainability-related accomplishments and objectives, and sets goals in three categories: workplace and supplier standards, environmental management and community engagement.
The report was developed using the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 reporting framework. These GRI “third-generation” sustainability reporting guidelines are used by more than 3,000 organizations worldwide to provide a common standard for producing sustainability reports.
“Acting as a responsible steward for the health and well-being of our people, our environment and our communities has always been a priority at Crocs,” said Scott Crutchfield, Chief Operating officer of Crocs. “With the release of our first sustainability report, we’re proud to be able to further define our approach to sustainability, share our progress to-date and establish baseline metrics against which our future progress can be measured.”
Crocs Sustainability Accomplishments and Goals:Workplace and Suppliers Key Accomplishments
- In the past year, Crocs has helped improve working conditions across its factory network by strengthening training for factories and suppliers on its Supplier Code of Conduct, first launched in 2009, with a particular focus on enforcing appropriate age restrictions for workers
- The company has appointed leaders at all Crocs company-owned factories and key suppliers to conduct audits ensuring compliance with Crocs’ Supplier Code of Conduct and all relevant local statutes
- Standardize processes for auditing performance against the Supplier Code of Conduct across all company-owned factories and contracted manufacturers in 2013
- Ensure at least 90 percent compliance with the Supplier Code of Conduct audit checklist for all factories and contract suppliers by the end of 2013
- Extend Crocs’ social and environmental compliance program to the company’s most important vendors by 2016
- Achieved an average of 5 percent reused Croslite TM material, left over as scraps from the manufacturing process, in every Crocs TM shoe
- Reduced packaging to save roughly 640,000 pounds of waste from going to landfills, the equivalent of more than 900,000 pairs of Crocs TM shoes
- Increase the average amount of reused Croslite TM material in each Crocs TM shoe to 10 percent
- Reduce emissions of volatile organic compounds (from cleaners, primers and adhesives) used in manufacturing Crocs TM shoes by 10 percent in 2013 against a 2012 baseline
- Conduct a greenhouse gas emissions inventory based on emissions from the company’s headquarters and manufacturing processes
- Increased the amount of Croslite TM material scraps used to make new footwear
- Reduced packaging waste by reusing boxes at distribution centers, developing smaller shoe hangers and reducing paper and plastic inserts found inside new pairs of Crocs TM shoes
- Incorporate sustainability principles in the design process to produce future shoe styles that require fewer raw materials, resulting in improved end-of-life environmental impact
- Eliminate use of glue and cement to adhere footwear elements
- Develop and integrate outsoles made of 100 percent reused Croslite TM material
- Donated more than 3 million pairs of Crocs TM shoes to children and families in need around the world since the inception of Crocs Cares℠, the company’s social responsibility platform, in 2007
- Donated more than $840,000 to various nonprofit organizations in 2012
- Continue to foster success of Crocs Cares℠ and expand its reach
- Expand employee volunteerism program to encourage increased Crocs Cares℠ employee participation in all regions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV