- a noncash after-tax impairment charge of $2.022 billion related to the carrying value of natural gas and oil properties (primarily resulting from a 10% decrease in trailing 12-month average first-day-of-the-month natural gas prices as of September 30, 2012, compared to June 30, 2012, and the impairment of certain undeveloped leasehold, primarily in the Williston and DJ Basins);
- an unrealized noncash after-tax mark-to-market loss of $63 million resulting from the company’s natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids (NGL) and interest rate hedging programs;
- an after-tax charge of $28 million related to losses on sales and impairments of certain fixed assets and other; and
- a net after-tax gain of $19 million related to the sale of an investment.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation Reports Financial And Operational Results For The 2012 Third Quarter
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.