ACTIVE Network (NYSE: ACTV)
, the leader in cloud-based Activity and Participant Management™ (APM) solutions, today announced its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Q3 2012 Financial Highlights:
(All comparisons are made to the third quarter of 2011)
- Total net revenue up 22% to $109.2 million.
- Technology revenue increased 26% and constituted 88%, or $96.2 million, of total net revenue.
- Net registration revenue increased 19% to $72.7 million with the number of registrations up 7% and the revenue per registration up 11%.
- Marketing services revenue constituted 12%, or $13.0 million, of total net revenue.
- Net loss was $6.0 million compared to a net loss of $1.4 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA, a non-GAAP financial measure, was $15.4 million. Excluding the impact of business combination accounting rules related to deferred revenue, Adjusted EBITDA was $18.0 million, up 40%.
"We delivered strong third quarter results and continued to make progress expanding our customer base, driving innovation in our horizontal ActiveWorks® platform and penetrating new markets,” said Matt Landa, CEO of ACTIVE Network. “We added a number of new high profile customers, including NYSE Euronext, the Philadelphia Zoo, and The PGA of America. Additionally, we expanded our presence in the Outdoors market with the addition of Saskatchewan and Puerto Rico, who have agreed to implement our ActiveWorks platform to automate their respective hunting and fishing permitting operations.”
ACTIVE Network Executive Chairman, Dave Alberga, stated, “Looking ahead, we believe the organizational changes we recently implemented will help leverage the exceptional talent we have at ACTIVE, expand our capabilities and drive long-term growth. Our team will be laser focused on product innovation and sales execution.”
Q3 2012 Key Business Highlights
Fourth Quarter 2012
- The NYSE EURONEXT selected ACTIVE to manage its corporate events with its leading event management solution.
- ACTIVE entered into a partnership with The PGA of America to create a new online registration system for the PGA’s nationwide “Get Golf Ready” campaign, which will allow PGA Professionals to promote their golf camps, tournaments and clinics via PGA.com and ACTIVE.com.
- The Company announced that the Philadelphia Zoo has chosen its resorts and attractions technology solution to power its Zoo operations—from ticketing and point of sale to food and beverage sales.
- For the fourth quarter of 2012, ACTIVE Network expects total revenue to be in the range of $93 million to $97 million. Registrations are expected to grow approximately 5% to 10% and revenue per registration is expected to grow approximately 8% to 10% compared to the same period in the prior year. The Company expects Adjusted EBITDA in the range of $5 million to $7 million. Excluding the impact of business combination accounting rules, Adjusted EBITDA is expected to be in the range of $6.6 million to $8.6 million. The Company expects a net loss of $18 million to $13 million.
Full Year 2012
- For full year 2012, ACTIVE Network expects total revenue to be in the range of $418 million to $422 million. Registrations are expected to grow approximately 11% to 13% and revenue per registration is expected to grow approximately 6% to 8% compared to last year. The Company expects Adjusted EBITDA in the range of $37.5 million to $39.5 million. Excluding the impact of business combination accounting rules, Adjusted EBITDA is expected to be in the range of $50 million to $52 million. The Company expects a net loss of $47 million to $42 million.
Full Year 2013
- ACTIVE Network also introduced initial financial guidance for full year 2013. Total revenue is expected to be in the range of $470 million to $480 million and Adjusted EBITDA is expected to be in the range of $50 million to $54 million. The Company expects a net loss of $38 million to $31 million.
“We delivered strong third quarter revenue growth of 22%, gross margins expanded 110 basis points to 56.6% and Adjusted EBITDA came in at $15.4 million,” said Scott Mendel, CFO of ACTIVE Network. “Based on our year-to-date financial results and assumptions for the balance of the year, we believe it is appropriate to provide our 2013 forecast for revenue and Adjusted EBITDA at this time. Our outlook assumes overall growth rates of 12% to 14%, which is comparable to our expectations for 2012.”