DigitalOptics segment revenue for the third quarter of 2012 was $14.8 million, compared to $9.0 million in the third quarter of the prior year. The increase was due primarily to camera module product sales from the Company’s recently acquired manufacturing facility in Zhuhai, China.
GAAP net loss for the third quarter of 2012 was $1.1 million, or $0.02 per basic share, which included non-cash charges of $6.2 million for amortization of acquired intangibles and $4.0 million for stock-based compensation.
Non-GAAP net income for the third quarter of 2012 was $6.5 million or $0.12 per diluted share. Non-GAAP net income is defined as income and operating expenses adjusted for acquired intangibles amortization, charges for acquired in-process research and development, stock-based compensation expense, impairment charges on long-lived assets and goodwill, and related tax effects.
Nine-month Period Ended Sept. 30, 2012
- Total revenue was $180.8 million.
- Intellectual Property segment revenue was $149.9 million.
- DigitalOptics segment revenue was $30.9 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts