Tessera Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSRA) (the “Company” or “we”) announced its results for the third quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012. Total revenue for the third quarter of 2012 was $72.7 million. Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) net loss for the third quarter of 2012 was $1.1 million, or $0.02 per basic share.
“During the third quarter of 2012, our Intellectual Property teams continued to demonstrate infringement of Tessera, Inc. and Invensas Corporation patents to many manufacturers. We look forward to new long-term licenses that will give our customers freedom of operation under our portfolios of patented ideas,” stated Robert A. Young, chief executive officer and president, Tessera Technologies, Inc. “We also successfully gained initial original equipment manufacturer adoption for our DIMM-IN-A-PACKAGE TM solution for use in Ultrabooks TM and tablets.
“Turning to our DigitalOptics segment, in the third quarter we made further progress towards our goal of shipping our MEMS autofocus technology in the fourth quarter. We also began construction of our optical component manufacturing site in Taiwan and began converting our production facility in Zhuhai, China to enable the manufacture of our next-generation MEMS camera modules, which we anticipate shipping in the first half of 2013.”
Third Quarter 2012
- Total revenue was $72.7 million.
- Intellectual Property segment revenue was $57.9 million.
- DigitalOptics segment revenue was $14.8 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV