Guidance for 2012
The Company reaffirms the following guidance for its fiscal 2012:
Outlook for 2013
- Deliver positive company-owned comparable store sales (1) of 4%-6%;
- Achieve adjusted operating profit margin (2) of 20%-23%;
- Develop 40-50 U.S. locations, plus up to 15 new stores at international locations and 400-500 JambaGO units;
- Maintain base general and administrative expenses flat, in dollars with fiscal 2011;
- Deliver CPG licensing revenue of approximately $3 million.
The Company now expects to achieve the following results for its fiscal 2013:
- Deliver positive company-owned comparable store sales (1) of 4%-6% and store-level margin of 20%;
- Achieve income from operations of 2.5%-3.0% of revenue;
- Deliver CPG revenue of $4 million -$5 million;
- Develop 60-80 U.S. and international locations;
- Add 1,000 JambaGO locations.
On October 2, 2012, the Company held $31.9 million in cash and cash equivalents as compared to $19.6 million cash and cash equivalents at January 3, 2012. On October 2, 2012, the Company had no restricted cash. At the end of fiscal 2011, the restricted cash balance was $1.4 million.
Webcast and Conference Call Information
A conference call to review the third quarter 2012 results will be held today, November 1, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. ET. The conference call can be accessed live over the phone by dialing (877) 941-4774 or for international callers by dialing (480) 629-9760. A replay will be available at 8:00 p.m. ET and can be accessed by dialing (877) 870-5176 or (858) 384-5517 for international callers; the pin number is 4569417. The replay will be available until November 22, 2012. The call can be accessed from the Company’s website at
under the Corporate Investor Relations section or directly at
About Jamba, Inc.
Jamba, Inc., (the “Company”) owns and franchises Jamba Juice stores through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Jamba Juice Company. Jamba Juice Company is a leading restaurant retailer of better-for-you, specialty beverage and food offerings, which include great tasting, whole fruit smoothies, fresh squeezed juices and juice blends, hot coffee and teas, hot oatmeal, breakfast wraps, sandwiches and mini-wraps, California Flatbreads™, frozen yogurt, and a variety of baked goods and snacks. As of October 2, 2012, there were 788 store locations globally. There were 301 Company owned and operated stores and 454 franchise operated stores in the United States, and 33 international stores. Jamba–branded consumer products for at-home enjoyment are also available through select retailers across the nation and in Jamba outlets in the United States.