Shutterfly, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY), a leading Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service, today announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
“Shutterfly continued to distinguish itself from our competition by delivering robust customer and order growth and very solid revenue growth across our Consumer and Enterprise businesses,” said President and Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Housenbold. “We continue to execute at a very high level and believe our results through the first nine months of this year validate that our long-term strategy remains on target, that our market opportunity remains significant and that the strategies that have enabled us to emerge as the online market share leader will continue to distinguish us from our competition.”
Third Quarter 2012 Financial Highlights
- Net revenues totaled $98.5 million, a 29% year-over-year increase.
- Third quarter 2012 represents the 47th consecutive quarter of year-over-year net revenue growth.
- Consumer net revenues totaled $90.4 million, a 24% year-over-year increase.
- Enterprise net revenues totaled $8.1 million, a 109% year-over-year increase.
- Gross profit margin was 44.1% of net revenues, compared to 45.6% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Operating expenses, excluding $7.9 million of stock-based compensation, totaled $59.2 million.
- GAAP net loss was ($10.5) million, compared to ($10.0) million in the third quarter of 2011.
- GAAP net loss per diluted share was ($0.29), in line with the third quarter of 2011.
- Adjusted EBITDA was a loss of ($3.1) million, compared to a loss of ($3.3) million in the third quarter of 2011.
- At September 30, 2012, cash and cash equivalents totaled $90.0 million.
Third Quarter 2012 Consumer Metrics
- Transacting customers totaled 2.2 million, a 40% year-over-year increase.
- Orders totaled 3.6 million, a 40% year-over-year increase.
- Average order value was $25.06, a decrease of 11% year-over-year.
- Net revenues to range from $300.0 million to $310.0 million, a year-over-year increase of 14% to 18%.
- GAAP gross profit margin to range from 56.0% to 57.5% of net revenues.
- Non-GAAP gross profit margin to range from 56.5% to 58.0% of net revenues.
- GAAP operating income to range from $71.6 million to $78.1 million.
- Non-GAAP operating income to range from $87.7 million to $94.2 million.
- GAAP effective tax rate to be approximately 49%.
- GAAP net income per diluted share to range from $0.94 to $1.02.
- Weighted average diluted shares of approximately 38.8 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA to range from $96.5 million to $103.0 million.
- Net revenues to range from $589.0 million to $599.0 million, a year-over-year increase of 24% to 27%.
- GAAP gross profit margin to range from 51.0% to 52.0% of net revenues.
- Non-GAAP gross profit margin to range from 52.5% to 53.5% of net revenues.
- GAAP operating income to range from $11.0 million to $17.6 million.
- Non-GAAP operating income to range from $69.5 million to $76.1 million.
- GAAP effective tax rate to be approximately 47%.
- GAAP net income per diluted share to range from $0.14 to $0.24.
- Weighted average diluted shares of approximately 38.3 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA to range from $97.5 million to $104.0 million, or 16.6% to 17.4% of net revenues.
- Capital expenditures to range from 9.7% to 10.2% of net revenues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV