Globus Medical, Inc. (NYSE:GMED), a leading spinal implant manufacturer, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
- Worldwide sales were $94.8 million, a 12.5% increase from the third quarter of 2011
- Net income was $16.5 million or $0.18 per diluted share
- Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA was 35.1% of sales
David Paul, Chairman and CEO commented, “During the third quarter, Globus continued to deliver sales growth in excess of the overall spine market, while maintaining our focus on operating the business efficiently. Our top line growth was achieved in a challenging spine market, driven by growth from our Disruptive Technology products. Nearly 100% of our sales growth is attributable to internally-driven, organic projects.”
Third quarter net sales were $94.8 million, compared to $84.3 million last year, representing a 12.5% increase. Increased sales were driven by growth from our Disruptive Technology products, including our minimally invasive surgical (MIS) and lateral platform products. International revenue grew by 38.3% over the same quarter in 2011 and currently represents 8.0% of total sales. Globus currently sells in 23 countries, and has the infrastructure and plans in place to continue expanding into new geographies.
Net income for the quarter was $16.5 million or $0.18 per diluted share, as compared to $16.9 million, or $0.19 per diluted share in 2011. Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA was 35.1% of net sales, compared to 37.3% last year. The investments in our recently created interventional pain management division, Algea Therapies, negatively impacted the quarterly Adjusted EBITDA by 2.4%.Mr. Paul continued, “In late September, we received our first PMA approval for our SECURE®-C cervical artificial disc. The 380 patient investigational device exemption (IDE) study demonstrated statistical superiority to anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) in terms of overall success, subsequent surgery at the index level, device-related adverse events, and patient satisfaction at 24 months. We are proud of all the hard work and effort by our product development group, our internal clinical and regulatory group, and our participating investigator sites and surgeons. We have since launched SECURE®-C, and will be ramping up our surgeon training program over the coming months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV