- Purchased, in the open market, 1.5 million shares of the Company’s common stock for $19.8 million, reducing the total shares outstanding by 8% to 17.4 million. This was completed under an October 2010 Board-authorized repurchase program as amended in March 2012. There is approximately $10.2 million of remaining capacity for future repurchases in the current authorization.
- During October, entered into a settlement with its insurers related to the reimbursement of legal and other related fees in connection with the Zein Obagi litigation. The settlement was for $14.0 million and the Company’s portion was $8.4 million as the matter was handled on a contingency-fee basis. The $8.4 million benefit will be recorded during the fourth quarter within the operating expense section of the income statement.
- Amended its bylaws to adopt a majority vote requirement in the uncontested election of directors, consistent with other recent company adoptions and ISS data.
Obagi Medical Products Reports Third Quarter 2012 Earnings; Company Provides Update To Key Initiatives
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.