Guidance Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: GUID) today reported financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Third quarter 2012 financial highlights, determined in accordance with GAAP include:
- GAAP Revenue of $36.1 million and non-GAAP revenue of $36.6 million, compared to GAAP and non-GAAP revenue of $27.3 million in the third quarter of 2011
- GAAP SaaS revenues of $2.6 million and non-GAAP SaaS revenue of $3.0 million.
- Product revenue of $17.4 million, an increase of $2.6 million, or 17 percent, from $14.8 million in the third quarter of 2011
- Services and maintenance revenue of $16.1 million, an increase of $3.7 million, or 29 percent, from $12.4 million in the third quarter of 2011
- GAAP net income of $1.3 million, or $0.05 per share, compared to a GAAP net income of $0.5 million, or $0.02 per share, in the third quarter of 2011
On a non-GAAP basis, which excludes share-based compensation, acquisition-related expense and amortization of intangibles, the company reported pre-tax net income of $4.1 million, or $0.15 per share, in the third quarter of 2012, compared to non-GAAP pre-tax net income of $2.1 million, or $0.09 per share, in the third quarter of 2011.
“The third quarter marked another period of strong growth for Guidance Software, with revenues increasing by more than 30% year-over-year,” said Victor Limongelli, President and Chief Executive Officer of Guidance Software. “The federal sector performed well in the third quarter across the board in e-discovery, cybersecurity and forensics. We are also excited about the recent announcement of EnCase eDiscovery Version 5, which delivers seamless integration with our CaseCentral cloud review platform and provides in-house counsel with control and oversight of every phase of the electronic discovery process. Looking ahead, we will continue to innovate in the forensics, e-discovery and cybersecurity spaces and remain focused on delivering additional value to our customers and shareholders.”