Guidance Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: GUID) today reported financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Third quarter 2012 financial highlights, determined in accordance with GAAP include:
- GAAP Revenue of $36.1 million and non-GAAP revenue of $36.6 million, compared to GAAP and non-GAAP revenue of $27.3 million in the third quarter of 2011
- GAAP SaaS revenues of $2.6 million and non-GAAP SaaS revenue of $3.0 million.
- Product revenue of $17.4 million, an increase of $2.6 million, or 17 percent, from $14.8 million in the third quarter of 2011
- Services and maintenance revenue of $16.1 million, an increase of $3.7 million, or 29 percent, from $12.4 million in the third quarter of 2011
- GAAP net income of $1.3 million, or $0.05 per share, compared to a GAAP net income of $0.5 million, or $0.02 per share, in the third quarter of 2011
On a non-GAAP basis, which excludes share-based compensation, acquisition-related expense and amortization of intangibles, the company reported pre-tax net income of $4.1 million, or $0.15 per share, in the third quarter of 2012, compared to non-GAAP pre-tax net income of $2.1 million, or $0.09 per share, in the third quarter of 2011.
“The third quarter marked another period of strong growth for Guidance Software, with revenues increasing by more than 30% year-over-year,” said Victor Limongelli, President and Chief Executive Officer of Guidance Software. “The federal sector performed well in the third quarter across the board in e-discovery, cybersecurity and forensics. We are also excited about the recent announcement of EnCase eDiscovery Version 5, which delivers seamless integration with our CaseCentral cloud review platform and provides in-house counsel with control and oversight of every phase of the electronic discovery process. Looking ahead, we will continue to innovate in the forensics, e-discovery and cybersecurity spaces and remain focused on delivering additional value to our customers and shareholders.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV