MTR Gaming Group, Inc. (NasdaqGS: MNTG) today announced financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter 2012 Highlights
- Expansion of the video lottery terminal (“VLT”) gaming facility at Scioto Downs to 2,116 VLTs, as well as the opening of our 300-seat Grove Buffet and a sports bar.
- Net revenue growth of 26.8%, including revenue of $41.7 million for the first full quarter of operations at Scioto Downs.
- Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations for the third quarter of 2012 was $31.4 million, an increase of 34.8% from the prior-year period.
“We were pleased with our third quarter performance, as the first full quarter of operations at the new Scioto Downs generated strong revenue and adjusted EBITDA,” said Jeffrey J. Dahl, President and Chief Executive Officer of MTR Gaming Group, Inc. “With the addition of Scioto Downs, we now have three strong regional gaming facilities that produced record quarterly revenues and adjusted EBITDA of $147 million and $31.4 million, respectively. We achieved this milestone with the addition of Scioto Downs and despite the addition of competition in the Cleveland market. While we understand there are additional gaming choices in our markets, we are confident that our efforts to provide the best gaming and entertainment value to our customers will help us retain our fair share of the market.”
For the third quarter of 2012, the Company’s total net revenues were $146.7 million, an increase of 26.8% compared to $115.6 million in the same period of 2011. Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations in the third quarter of 2012 was $31.4 million, an increase of 34.8% from the prior-year period, and adjusted EBITDA margin from continuing operations was 21.4%, an increase of 130 basis points from the prior-year period.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts