- Gaming operations revenues increased both year over year and on a quarterly sequential basis primarily reflecting growth in revenue from interactive products and services and the third consecutive quarter of growth in the installed participation base to 9,632 gaming machines, which led to the first installed base increase over the prior-year quarter in the last eight quarters, partially offset by lower gaming operations daily revenue per unit.
- Product sales revenues rose modestly reflecting sales of 693 new video lottery terminals (VLTs) for the Canada and Illinois VLT markets. Product sales revenues also include higher other product sales revenues including one-time software revenues of a VLT game set and higher revenues from used gaming machine sales, which more than offset the anticipated lower industry-wide shipments for new casino openings and expansions and a lower average selling price reflecting the higher mix of lower-priced VLTs and the competitive marketplace.
- Gross profit increased $4.1 million reflecting a 120 basis point improvement in gross profit margin due to higher product sales margin and a greater mix of gaming operations revenues. Product sales gross margin was 53.1%, a fiscal first quarter record, reflecting the mix of business, ongoing benefits from the Company’s continuous improvement and supply chain management initiatives, and the VLT game set software, which more than offset the impact of a lower average selling price and the seasonally lower unit volumes for the September quarter that typically impacts margin.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 24% to $52.9 million as EBITDA margin improved 570 basis points (Adjusted EBITDA is a non-GAAP financial metric, and a reconciliation to net income is provided in a supplemental schedule near the end of this release.)
- Cash flow provided by operating activities for the quarter ended September 30, 2012, was $21.0 million, a year-over-year increase of 60% or $7.9 million.
- WMS was selected by the Manitoba Lotteries Corporation to join two incumbent suppliers to replace existing VLT units throughout the province. WMS was previously selected by the Alberta Liquor and Gaming Commission to participate in their VLT replacement initiative.
- During the quarter, Jackpot Party® Social Casino was launched and became one of the five largest and most popular social casinos on Facebook®, as measured by the number of daily active users and monetization rates.
- In September, the Company’s first-of-its-kind interactive, casino-branded Play4Fun™ Network went live at a tribal casino in Iowa, enabling the casino’s players to access multiple play-for-fun slot and casual games online, all under the casino’s own brand association.
- At the Global Gaming Exposition ( G2E®), WMS showcased more than 100 new games, including 22 new games leveraging the advanced capabilities of the next-generation CPU-NXT®3 operating platform and 87 new games for WMS’ successful CPU-NXT2 platform. Also on display were five distinct cabinet configurations, including the revolutionary new Gamefield xD™ cabinet for participation games, the all-new My Poker® video poker dedicated gaming machines and the next-generation Blade™ cabinet, WMS’ latest upright cabinet, as well as the ever-popular Bluebird®2e and Bluebird xD™ cabinets. WMS also featured the Williams Interactive™ branded products and services for online wagering and play-for-fun social, casual and mobile gaming opportunities.
WMS Reports Fiscal 2013 First Quarter Revenue Of $159 Million And EPS Of $0.17 Per Diluted Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.