- American Red Cross - $250,000 for immediate disaster relief supplies and activities. This donation is in addition to the Foundation's annual gift of $500,000 to the Red Cross' disaster giving program, bringing the company's total 2012 commitment to $750,000. As part of this effort, The Home Depot is today providing the Red Cross with the following requested items for cleanup activities in New York and New Jersey:
- 5,000 metal/garden/stone/bow rakes
- 5,000 flat/transfer shovels
- 15,000 pairs of leather cowhide work gloves
- Team Rubicon - $100,000 to deploy special teams of U.S. military veterans to local communities in the Northeast. Team Rubicon trains and mobilizes veterans who have unique skills and deploys them in times of crisis. Teams are already on the ground in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Operation Homefront - $150,000 for Operation Homefront's Emergency Relief Fund that provides food, clothing and temporary shelter to service members and their dependents in in the affected areas.
The Home Depot Foundation Commits $1 Million To The Immediate Relief And Long-term Rebuilding Efforts In The Wake Of Superstorm Sandy
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.