Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) today announced at its 89 th Annual Stockholders’ Meeting the election of its board of directors, including new director, Daniel Shih.
Shih is deputy chairman and executive director of Stella International Holdings Limited. Before he took his current role in May 2008, he held executive positions with PepsiCo (China) Ltd. and Motorola (China) Electronics Ltd.
“Daniel has particular expertise in business strategy and joint ventures,” said ADM Chairman and CEO Patricia Woertz. “In addition, his extensive experience in Asia will help ADM continue to advance our strategy in that important region.”
The Board’s 11 incumbent directors were also re-elected. The directors re-elected are: Alan L. Boeckmann, George W. Buckley, Mollie Hale Carter, Terrell K. Crews, Pierre Dufour, Donald E. Felsinger, Antonio Maciel Neto, Patrick J. Moore, Thomas F. O’Neill, Kelvin R. Westbrook and Patricia A. Woertz.Cash Dividend Declared In addition, ADM’s Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of 17.5 cents per share on the company’s common stock payable Dec. 6, 2012, to Stockholders of record Nov. 15, 2012. This is ADM’s 324 th consecutive quarterly payment, a record of 81 years of uninterrupted dividends. As of Sept. 30, 2012, there were 658,568,711 shares of ADM common stock outstanding. About ADM For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 270 processing plants, 420 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV