3 Newsworthy Stocks to Trade
JDA Software Group
Nearest Resistance: $45
Nearest Support: $44.75
Catalyst: RedPrarie Acquisition
Meanwhile, shares of enterprise software firm JDA Software Group (JDAS) are getting a lot of trading volume this afternoon after the firm announced that it was going private in a $1.9 billion acquisition by rival RedPrarie. The news has JDA up more than 17% as I write, a number that's not likely to change much as the trading session progresses. The acquisition deal is effectively putting a tight fundamentally driven support and resistance level on shares of JDAS, which means that there isn't a trade to be made here unless you already own JDAS.
RedPrarie is buying JDAS for $45 per share, which means that the risk premium priced into this stock works out to a measly 0.5% right now.Research in Motion Nearest Resistance: $11
Nearest Support: $8.50
Catalyst: BlackBerry 10 News Research in Motion (RIMM) is Wall Street's whipping boy no more. The Ontario-based mobile device maker is up more than 8.5% today on news that its BlackBerry 10 platform is ready to launch in the first quarter of 2013. RIMM's BlackBerry line ruled the high-end handset market until Apple (AAPL) stormed in with the wildly successful iPhone, and RIMM has been struggling to recapture lost ground ever since. The good news on the BlackBerry 10 has investors hoping that they'll see revenues move higher again. From a technical standpoint, RIMM looks great. That's because it managed to break out above $8.50 resistance on today's news. $8.50 had previously been a price ceiling where sellers had been more eager to sell and get out of a losing position than buyers were to step in and start buying. The breakout above $8.50 proves that RIMM can still catch a bid here. To see these stocks in action, check out the Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV