Peering Over The Fiscal Cliff A Roundtable Hosted By McDonald Hopkins Law Firm November 14th
CLEVELAND, Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- McDonald Hopkins law firm will conduct a post-election roundtable on November 14, 2012 regarding the potential impact of the fiscal cliff on business.
According to the Tax Policy Center of the Urban Institute and Brookings Institution, "The fiscal cliff threatens an unprecedented tax increase at year end. Taxes would rise by more than $500 billion in 2013—an average of almost $3,500 per household—as almost every tax cut enacted since 2001 would expire…. Average marginal tax rates would increase by 5 percentage points on labor income, by 7 points on capital gains, and by more than 20 points on dividends."
Join us for a roundtable on November 14 th to discuss the implications for your business when and if the fiscal cliff happens. Our panel will provide insights and analysis on the following:
- The government dynamics that play a role in how this looming crisis plays out
- Tax strategies for provisions expiring at the end of 2012
- The estate and gift tax exemption will be reduced to $1 million in 2013. What are your options before then?
- What are the possible consequences for healthcare reform?
- What are the likely repercussions for the energy industry?
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts