CHICAGO, Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its ongoing efforts to honor and support military personnel and veterans, Boeing [NYSE: BA] will launch television advertising this weekend that recognizes their contributions through the stories of 19 employees.
The commercial "Their Story" features Boeing employees who served in the U.S. Air Force, Army, Marine Corps and Navy reflecting on their time in the armed forces. The 30-second spot will air on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Nov. 4, with a special 60-second version premiering on "Meet the Press" on Veterans Day, Nov. 11. The campaign also includes print and online advertising and a new website, Honoring Those Who Serve www.boeing.com/tribute.
"We recognize that service in defense of a nation is an enduring mission," said Rick Stephens, Boeing senior vice president of human resources and administration, and a U.S. Marine Corps veteran. "Sharing the experiences of employees who have served their country is one way to show our appreciation and salute the millions of men and women currently in uniform."
The new campaign also supports Boeing, nonprofit and partner efforts to give back to military personnel and veterans, as well as their families. Visitors to the Honoring Those Who Serve website can explore military support initiatives such as partnership opportunities, transitioning military employment tools and support, and other resources and material, including:
- The National World War II Museum's "Thank You for My Freedom" campaign – which culminates on Veterans Day – aims to send 1 million Americans to www.myveteransday.org to offer their personal thanks and best wishes to veterans by posting a photo, video or written message.
- Boeing has developed the Home & Away campaign to strengthen its two long-standing military tributes in Chicago, the "Salute to the Military" in-game recognition which occurs at all Chicago Bears and Chicago Blackhawks home games. Home & Away is intended to create a way for active and retired military and their families, sports fans and civilians who are not in attendance at the game to share their support of the troops. The campaign features a stirring tribute to all veterans, military members and families that will be shown in-stadium on Veterans Day, Nov. 11 during the Bears game. Throughout the campaign, supporters can share their tribute by sending a message of gratitude and posting a salute, a simple gesture of thanks at www.facebook.com/usoofillinois.com
- Hiring nearly 3,000 veterans in the past 21 months whose skills and experiences matched the company's needs.
- Forming the Boeing Employees Veterans Association, an employee-led association designed to further personal and professional development.
- Working with GE and other business, academic and not-for-profit partners to launch the "Get Skills to Work" coalition, which aims to train military veterans for jobs in advanced manufacturing.
- Launching a transitioning military careers website and military skills translator tool on Boeing.com. The online interactive tool enables armed forces personnel and veterans to find Boeing career opportunities that best align with their experiences.
- Contracting with veteran-owned small business for about $433 million in 2011.
- Working with American Corporate Partners, a nonprofit dedicated to helping veterans transition to the civilian workforce, to bring together veterans and Boeing mentors as part of a program designed to help veterans develop civilian career paths and build professional networks.
- Starting the MentorVet program, which matches Boeing employees with college student veterans for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Contributing nearly $7 million in 2011 to support military and veterans' organizations and efforts such as the Military Spouse Corporate Career Network, the National Math and Science Initiative, the USO and others.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts