Stater Bros. Kicks Off Holiday Food Drive For Needy
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Stater Bros. Supermarkets, in conjunction with its charitable arm Stater Bros. Charities, will be "Harvesting Hope" in Southern California communities. The 4 th Annual "Harvesting Hope in our Community" program will provide food and funding throughout the months of November and December to assist with hunger relief efforts in the communities where Stater Bros. customers and employees live and work.
- Stater Bros. Charities will present over $450,000 in cash donations to over 100 Southern California food banks and self-help organizations. These funds were collected during the course of the year through the Stater Bros. Charities' Customers Care Program. Customers and employees participate in the year-round Customers Care Program by donating their loose change or by purchasing Scannable Donation Cards while paying for their groceries at the check stand.
- All 167 Stater Bros. Supermarkets will have food barrels in place to collect nonperishable food items for struggling families.
- All 167 Stater Bros. Supermarkets are accepting additional cash donations at each check stand for allocation to food banks in the summer of 2013 when food reserves are traditionally low. Customers can donate loose change in the "Harvesting Hope" Donation Canisters or purchase $10 "Harvesting Hope" Scannable Donation Cards.
"Many of our hard working customers have exhausted their resources and are being forced to get extra help this holiday season. Stater Bros. is going to help in the best way we know how by keeping our prices low and helping our food banks get a big boost for the holiday season," said Jack H. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Office of Stater Bros. Supermarkets.
The Stater Bros. "Harvesting Hope in our Community" campaign winds up Stater Bros.' year-long efforts to support nonprofit organizations in the communities it serves.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts