NEW YORK, Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Business Services, NASDAQ: NEWT, The Small Business Authority, today announced that it is setting up special programs to help small businesses devastated by Hurricane Sandy. Barry Sloane, Chairman and CEO of Newtek said: "We are here to help small businesses and even more so for those affected by Hurricane Sandy. Newtek is here as the "Small Business Authority" to help independent business owners in good times and bad, both our clients and others. We are a business located in Manhattan and on Long Island and know the problems businesses face. We are here at any time and every day to help with major causes of concern for small businesses. All it takes is a phone call to the 1-855-2-THESBA phone line for help with:
- SBA Disaster Loan Funding
- Examining Insurance Policies for coverage for wind, flood and business interruption insurance
- Data Back-up Planning
- Cloud Computing Solutions for future disasters and cost-savings."
The Federal Government has declared several states, as well as counties within those states, as Disaster Areas. These include areas within Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia and West Virginia.
As a small business owner or individual, Newtek understands small businesses have many questions regarding assistance for yourself and your business. You may find answers to these questions by going to FEMA, U.S. Department of Homeland Security website: http://www.fema.gov/disasters. Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from this disaster. This valuable site, for example, has information on grants for home repairs and help to meet medical and other serious disaster-related needs not covered by insurance.
The U.S. Small Business Administration ("SBA") Disaster Loans are available for businesses in the affected counties and States which include loans up to $2MM for certain property losses and/or economic damage.Beginning today, as a business owner, your first step should be to register the affected business by calling 1-800-621-FEMA(3362) or by internet at http://www.disasterassistance.gov. Additional information is available www.fema.gov and at http://www.sba.gov/content/applying-disaster-loan. Remember that you can call Newtek at any time, 24/7/365 at 1-855-2-THESBA or visiting online at www.thesba.com. About Newtek Business Services, Inc. Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, provides the following products and services:
- Electronic Payment Processing : eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing): Full-service web host, which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce : A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending : Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans through our lending subsidiary, Newtek Small Business Finance, Inc.
- Insurance Services : Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll : Complete payroll management and processing services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV