SAN DIEGO, Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sempra Energy Foundation today pledged $50,000 in disaster-relief assistance funds to East Coast storm victims. In support of Sempra Energy companies' employee giving efforts, the Foundation also will be matching up to an additional $50,000 in employee donations, bringing the total potential donation to $150,000 by the Foundation and company employees.
Sempra Energy Foundation will direct the funds through the American Red Cross National Relief Fund.
"We hope our donation will provide some immediate assistance to the thousands of families who have been affected by this devastating storm," said Joseph A. Householder, chairman of the Sempra Energy Foundation.
The Sempra Energy Foundation is the 501(c)(3) private foundation of Sempra Energy, a Fortune 500 energy services holding company with 2011 revenues of $10 billion. The Sempra Energy companies' 17,500 employees serve more than 31 million consumers worldwide. For more information on the Sempra Energy Foundation, visit www.sempraenergyfoundation.org.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110217/MM50869LOGO)
SOURCE Sempra Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV