Target Corp. (NYSE: TGT) announced today it has donated $500,000 in monetary support and products to assist with Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. The donation will include $425,000 in cash and in-kind donations to the American Red Cross, $50,000 in cash donation to the Salvation Army and $25,000 in gift cards to local Target stores to help with community needs.
“When disaster strikes, Target listens and acts quickly to donate time, money and essentials to help support the needs of our communities,” said Gregg Steinhafel, Chairman, President and CEO, Target. “Our thoughts are with the all of the residents impacted by Hurricane Sandy and we hope our donation will aid in the East Coast’s recovery.”
The safety and well-being of the Target team remains a top concern for the company. Target has reopened the majority of its stores across the East Coast and is in the process of assessing the storm’s impact on its facilities. The majority of Target stores are open, but a few remain closed. In addition, Target will continue to monitor road conditions and work with its distribution centers and vendors, once transportation restrictions are lifted, to replenish our stores quickly with essentials the community needs for clean-up and recovery.
Teams across Target spend countless hours preparing for disasters of any magnitude and will continue to help the East Coast as these communities work to recover from this crisis.About Target Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,781 stores across the United States and at Target.com. The company plans to open its first stores in Canada in 2013. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV