Clinton E. Childress, who started working for Tampa Electric as a laborer and progressed to become a senior officer of TECO Energy (NYSE: TE), announced today he will retire on Dec. 31 after more than four decades of service to the company.
Clint Childress, senior vice president of Corporate Services and chief human resources officer, is retiring from TECO Energy after 42 years with the company. (Photo: Business Wire)
Childress, senior vice president of Corporate Services and the company’s chief human resources officer, has been instrumental in shaping TECO’s corporate values. He is known for his die-hard commitment to continuing education and leadership development.
“Clint’s legacy with our company is unparalleled,” said John Ramil, president and chief executive officer of TECO Energy. “His longtime leadership has been a shining example of TECO’s values and culture. He has been a devoted champion of safety and a compassionate mentor to many. We will greatly miss him.”
Childress’ duties will be split between two vice presidents:
- Phil Barringer will become vice president of Corporate Services and chief human resources officer. In addition to his regular duties, he will be responsible for the purchasing, contract services, facilities, real estate, corporate safety, security and emergency management functions.
- Dee Brown will become vice president of Business Strategy, Technology and Compliance and will continue to be the company’s chief ethics and compliance officer. In addition to her regular duties, she will be responsible for the information technology and telecommunications functions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV