COSTA MESA, Calif., Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Emulex Corporation (NYSE: ELX) today announced its support of the new Orange County (OC) Technology Alliance, a nonprofit trade association dedicated to fostering a business ecosystem in Orange County.
The OC Tech Alliance is based on the foundation of the 40-year-old history of the Orange County Council of TechAmerica and American Electronics Association (AeA). The alliance strives to provide resources, networking opportunities and advocacy for local technology firms, including educational seminars and career development education.
"Emulex has demonstrated a strong commitment to local science and arts education in order to encourage technology innovation in Orange County and we are proud to count them as one of our founding members," said Bob Brunson, executive director, OC Tech Alliance.Jim McCluney, CEO of Emulex, is personally involved with Project Tomorrow, a business and education non-profit collaborative dedicated to enhancing K-12 science education in Orange County schools. He is also the chairman of the University of California, Irvine's CEO Roundtable, and is on the board of OCTANe, a networking organization for Orange County's information technology and biomedical industries. " Orange County has long been a hotbed for pioneering technology innovation, and it is our responsibility to continue that tradition," said Mr. McCluney. "We have always felt compelled to give back to a community that has been so supportive of our company, and as a founding member of the OC Tech Alliance we look forward to working alongside the current and future local technology leaders to help preserve and promote an atmosphere of mutual success and continued exploration." Follow Emulex on Twitter
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV