PITTSBURGH, Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The PNC Foundation today announced that it will donate $150,000 to the American Red Cross and $150,000 to the Salvation Army for relief efforts in areas affected by Hurricane Sandy. The foundation also will match PNC employee contributions to the American Red Cross, Salvation Army and Americorps up to a total of $150,000.
"The devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy affected many communities with strong ties to PNC," said James E. Rohr, chairman and chief executive officer of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. "We hope donations from the PNC Foundation and PNC employees will help our neighbors as they begin to rebuild."
The PNC Foundation, which receives its principal funding from The PNC Financial Services Group (NYSE: PNC), actively supports organizations that provide services for the benefit of communities in which it has a significant presence. The foundation focuses its philanthropic mission on early childhood education and community and economic development, which includes the arts and culture. Through its signature cause, Grow Up Great, PNC has created a $350 million initiative to enhance early childhood education and school readiness.
CONTACT:Fred Solomon(412) 762-4550 email@example.com SOURCE The PNC Foundation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV