Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a leading global technology distributor, today announced that Douglas Kent, global vice president of Avnet Velocity; Brian Wilken, vice president of Supply Chain Solutions, EMEA; Pascal Fernandez, vice president of Avnet Velocity, EMEA; and Erwin Luginsland, director of Avnet Supply Chain Solutions, will present four educational sessions on supply chain risk management and the trend toward “profitable proximity” at electronica 2012 in Munich, Germany. The presentations will take place November 13 – 16, 2012.
“electronica provides the industry with an opportunity to discuss solutions to some of the toughest challenges facing the electronics supply chain,” said Kent. “Avnet’s sessions will delve into how companies can benefit from the complexities of their supply chains while managing risks and providing better customer service through a profitable proximity model.”
Avnet’s supply chain sessions during electronica are:
Session 1: Supply Chain – It's a Risky BusinessThe globalization and complexities of the electronics industry continue to drive organizations to consider their exposure to risk. Co-presented by Kent and Wilken, this session will be held on Tuesday, November 13 at 14:00 CET at Halle B5 / B5.351 and will address the following:
- Understanding areas of risk in extended supply chains
- Measuring "Value at Risk" and determining levels of risk tolerance
- Leveraging supply chain visibility and analytics to identify and mitigate risks
- Fully understanding the costs to serve customers across their entire supply chain in order to make tough decisions regarding suppliers, products and customers
- Extending the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process through multiple tiers of the supply chain to ensure the transparency of critical information and solid feedback loops
- Building a multi-echelon control tower approach in order to not only command and control the supply chain, but also provide predictability by sensing and responding to how market conditions change
- What is a cost-to-serve model and how is it calculated?
- The definition of "profitable proximity" and when is it most likely to be a preferred option
- Examining the supply chain outlook for 2013 and beyond
- Global risk factors which will directly or indirectly impact European customers’ ability to grow here and abroad
- European-specific risks that may limit European companies’ competitiveness in global markets
- Europe’s current state of preparedness in the “calm” of the current market and what lessons can be drawn from the market downturn of 2008-2009. Did we learn anything?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV