WOONSOCKET, R.I., Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS/pharmacy ® is partnering with the American Diabetes Association (ADA) as the sponsor of "A Day in the Life of Diabetes" campaign – a photo sharing campaign on the ADA's main Facebook page. The CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes ® program will donate $1 to the American Diabetes Association for every photo or image uploaded, up to $25,000. CVS/pharmacy will also co-host a Twitter Chat on November 15 with Dr. Elizabeth Seaquist, Vice President of Medicine & Science for the ADA.
"With 26 million people afflicted with the disease in the U.S. and an additional 79 million Americans at risk for type 2 diabetes, this chronic condition has reached epic proportions," said Papatya Tankut, RPh, Vice President of Pharmacy Affairs, CVS Caremark. "By working together with the American Diabetes Association, we're able to cast a wider net to help more people on their path to better health by sharing educational resources and spreading awareness of programs that can help them to manage diabetes and save money."Additional activities happening during American Diabetes Month include:
- Twitter Chat: To help educate CVS/pharmacy customers about diabetes and how to care for those with diabetes, CVS/pharmacy and the American Diabetes Association will co-host a live Twitter chat on the @CVS_Extra handle, featuring a CVS pharmacist and Dr. Elizabeth Seaquist, Vice President of Medicine & Science for the ADA via the @AmDiabetesAssn handle. The Twitter chat will take place on Thursday, November 15, from 3-4 p.m. EST. Users that participate in the chat by using the #diabetesmonth or #CVSECAD hashtag, will automatically be entered to win prize packs from the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes program.
- ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes Member Drive: The program is free and open to all members of the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare savings and rewards program; cardholders can easily sign up at CVS.com/diabetes. Once enrolled, patients and caregivers gain access to:
- $5 coupon for joining
- Monthly e-newsletter filled with recipes, tips and extra savings
- More than $130 in savings from Diabetes Health Magazine available through December 31, 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts