BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- With this morning's opening bell, investors are entering the final stretch of 2012. There are only two months left to the calendar year (or for some, just a month and change until the end of the world), which means that institutional money is at battle stations, trying to close the gaps between their performance and their benchmarks.
With the S&P 500 up more than 12% in 2012, and many investors out of the market at key inflection points this year, that gap is going to be a tough one to fill.
That said, this gap could help spur some serious money moving out of treasuries and into equities once again. I've said before that stock investors are in a waiting game. Once people invested in treasuries cant stomach earning less than inflation, the flow of funds from treasuries to stocks is going to move prices higher for Mr. Market (and yields too, for that matter).In the meantime, there are still trades to be made in stocks. That's why we're taking a technical look at five big names that are tradable this week. If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at the charts of five high-volume stocks to trade for gains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV